Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Didn't Sleep Well - November 10, 2009

Last night was a tough one. I had no problem falling asleep; I usually don't. However, I woke a little after 1 AM and tossed and turned until almost 3. Woke again a little after 4 but this time I fell back to sleep after my last look at the clock showed 4:47. When I woke at 6:10 I knew it was pointless to try to sleep any later.

I take Pete for his CT scan this afternoon, and that kept running through my head. What would we find out from the doctor on Friday? Would my son see the scan today and start worrying like he did last time?

Then there was the visit to my doctor on Monday. I've lost over 20#s, my blood glucose numbers are all within the normal range, my cholesterol numbers have fallen dramatically but still need to come down a bit more. All good news. But then the doctor told me that he's really concerned because my protein output is quite high and my thyroid is low. He's giving me 3 months to continue healthy eating, losing weight and exercising to see if either of these will normalize. As far as I know, neither had been a concern in the past.

My brain is still spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment