Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Monday, January 25, 2010

3 Down, Now Only 2 to Go - January 25, 2010

Pete finished the 3rd of 5 tomotherapy treatments today. The weather was absolutely horrid - pouring rain and windy, with some pretty heavy-duty wind gusts.

On Friday, I had decided to put his treatment time to good use and went for a walk around the outside of the medical complex. The hospital is about 1/4 mile from the ocean, so I walked in that direction but it was pretty cold and windy so I walked back to the hospital proper and as I passed the 6 story parking garage I had an inspiration. I'll walk the garage! I went up, down and up again. Since I was running out of time I went down the stairs and was back to the radiation waiting room before Pete came out.

Considering today's weather, I headed for the garage as soon as Pete was called in by the technician. This time I went up and down, then up the stairs and down the ramp. I just kept repeating the cycle until I had used about 35 min. The timing was perfect because I walked back to the radiation waiting room and was only seated for about 5 min when Pete came in.

Pete had placed a call to Dr. K, his oncologist at MSKCC, before we left this morning. Shortly after we were back home she returned his call. She told him that he could have the CT scan done locally rather than driving up to Basking Ridge. There needs to be a few days break between the last radiation and the scan, so if he can set it up for some time next week that would work out well since he's scheduled to resume chemo the week after that (Feb 9).

No comments:

Post a Comment