Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Friday, July 24, 2009

One Day at a Time - Friday, July 24, 2009

The biopsy is scheduled for August 6. It requires an overnight stay, and they set up a bed for a family member in the patient's room so I'll be spending the night there with my son. They do the biopsy lapariscopically, as they will be doing the excision some time down the road, while a CT is in progress so they can guide the instruments.

The following week they'll begin the chemo. Two weeks on, one week off. It still all seems surreal and frightening. After the surgery to remove the sarcoma at the primary site the doctors were pretty confident that the tumor had been removed completely, but it seems that some cells may have already begun to relocate but were too minute for the first after-surgery scan to detect.

The doctors advised him that sometime between now and the first chemo treatment he should consider having his sperm frozen. I can't even imagine the thoughts that must be going through this young man's head. He's already been through so much, even before the cancer. My heart just aches for him and I feel so helpless. All I can do is be there for him and love him. The sad fact is that as much as I wish and pray, I can't make it go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment