Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anxious for Chemo to Begin - August 02, 2009

On Thursday while at work, Pete got a call from MSKCC asking if he would be able to come in the next day (Fri) for the biopsy. He called me to see if I would be able to take him. Of course I would!

It turned out to be a needle biopsy, much less invasive than the originally planned laparoscopic biopsy, and did not require an overnight stay. The doctor who performed it assured us that either would render the same information. Results should be in early this week, probably Tuesday.

I want to call them and tell them to hurry up. Start the chemo, don't delay anymore. If the biopsy had been done as planned on Aug 6, the first chemo was to be on Aug 11. Please, please, move the chemo up. Waiting is more than I can stand.

The sooner they start the chemo, the sooner they will be able to operate. Anything to get this going. I know there will be problems with chemo, but this cancer is so aggressive they need to be more aggressive to try to hold it at bay.

I'm trying to be positive and optimistic, but I can't hold it together 24 hours a day. This morning I asked my husband to go with me because I needed to fill my car with gas. We drove around the corner and I pulled into the rear parking lot of the reservoir and parked. We sat there while I cried and he held me.

I still feel like we're in a bad dream and we'll wake up soon and everything will be back to normal. I'm so very much afraid at times and at other times I just feel numb.

Please, God, help us get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment