Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Got Through the Night - December 9, 2010

Pete's fever broke sometime overnight. It was back up to 100.9 at 1 AM so he took another dose of Advil. When I checked him at 4 it was down and he said his headache was gone. He had a toased English muffin with butter a short time ago so he could take his meds, so that tells me he really is feeling better. He's showering now and will be calling the doctor within the next hour to find out whether we'll be going in. I'm thinking we will because he did a bit of sweating last night and sometimes drinking water just isn't really enough to keep hydrated when on chemo.

It's funny how, when he and his sister were little, I would periodically get up to check on them, especially when they were ill and there didn't seem to be any sound or disturbance that would awaken me. It happened less and less as they grew older. When they were young adults and still living at home, I'd sleep through the night and seldom hear them. I guess, though, that I'll always revert back to "mommy-mode", and it doesn't matter whether it's Pete or Bruce or one of the pups. When someone is not feeling well, it seems I sleep very lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment