Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Text From Pete - December 14, 2010

This is the text I received from Pete this morning:

Good morning! Well, last night was my mri (the most excruciatingly painful diagnostic test I have ever had). Afterward, I was in more pain than pre-test, so they gave me oxycodone (which did nothing), next came morphine (still nada) and after that, the nurse finally convinced them to let me get a dose of toradol (phew, finally able to get a bit of relief, pain down from 8-9 to a solid 7. This morning, when I was due I asked for one more round, and the same nurse told me they only ok'd me for a single dose, no follow-up doses. So... they gave me a dbl dose o morphine (nothing) and after breakfast, a dbl dose o oxycodone. Nurse said that's all she could do for now, but hoped the drs would get the mri report, change their minds, and get me some anti-inflammatories finally.

I'm planning on heading up today, late morning. Visiting hours begin at noon. Funny, but I'm really hoping that the scan results will show that pain is "just" the result of his herniated discs flaring up. Crazy to think that would be "good" news. He just texted me back and told me that I shouldn't drive up. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment