Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Order to Destroy - July 14, 2011

Pete received a notice in the mail a few weeks back from MAZE Laboratories. I knew it would be coming but holding the envelope in my hand made it real. I couldn't bring myself to open it right away but when I finally did I didn't read the whole letter, there was no point. My eyes just focused, or tried to focus, on the paragraph that began "If you choose to discontinue storage..."

This is not my choice because I have no choice. This is something that I have to do and the deadline is close. I can't put it off any longer so I made the call to find out what paperwork I will need to send in along with the form. All I need, it seems, is to sign the form, have it notarized and send a copy of the death certificate because Pete had provided my name as the person authorized to order destruction of his specimens if he was unable to do it.

To say this is difficult is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment