Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Friday, October 2, 2009

Blood Pressure and Heart Rate - October 02, 2009

The doctor was not able to determine what the rash was, but suggested to just keep it dry, monitor it and if it did not improve, see a dermatologist.

Yesterday my son was very quiet and pensive. Finally in the evening he asked me to take his pulse because he said his heart felt like it was racing and was going to beat out of his chest. I'm not a nurse and am not very good at this kind of thing, but I found his pulse and counted while he used a stop watch. It came out around 90. I called my friend and asked if we could borrow her blood pressure/heart rate cuff and went right over to get it.

The readings we got were BP 114/47 and HR 87. This morning it was 117/57 and HR had dropped to 80. He put in a call to the doctor who told him to just monitor it.

As the day goes on, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse or better. Right now he says he's got a terrible headache and just wants to lie quietly.

I really feel so helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment