Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, September 26, 2009

And Now a Rash? - September 26, 2009

Last evening Pete called me into his room because he wanted me to look at something. The "something" turned out to be a rather large, reddish area along his groin area. It almost looked like a burn and the skin was rough.

One of the first questions they ask every time we see anyone at MSKCC is "have you noticed a rash?" I told him to call them and let them know that he seems to have what may be a rash. He said that earlier the area was a bit itchy but now was not.

He did call and spoke to a doctor who told him to keep an eye on it, keep it hydrated, and if there was any change to call back. Well, it's morning, and he's still asleep, so I guess that's a good thing. I'll have to wait until he wakes up to find out if it's still there or has changed at all.

One thing I can say for the doctors at Sloan is that if you don't speak to one immediately when you call, they get back to you within minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment