Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Day at a Time - September 19, 2009

My son's in a difficult situation because his FMLA leave is dwindling and if he doesn't leave work he'll be cut to part-time because of his absences, and there goes his medical insurance. The cost of one treatment is 5 figures, and I'm not including the numbers after the decimal point.

Seeing him every day I didn't realize the change in his appearance until I took a good look at him when he sat down to dinner the other night. He is ghost white and has dropped quite a bit of weight. I sure hope these chemo treatments are doing as much damage to the cancer cells as they are to the rest of his body.

Today my daughter, a teacher in CA, is attending the funeral of one of her students. The boy, who was just a high school sophomore, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.

I wish I could make things better for both of my kids. With my daughter on the other coast I can't even give her a hug when she needs one. At least I can hug my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment