Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Note From Pete - September 25, 2010

Pete posted this on his FaceBook page. I asked him if I could include it here and he said yes so here it is:

Thanks everyone for all of the well-wishes, prayers, and support. I haven't been on-line very much lately for several reasons, not the least of which was the general feeling of malaise due to the extensive chemo treatment I have recently begun.

Most of my closest friends have a pretty good idea of what is going on, but I have heard ...some stories that I have already had surgery, etc., and other such details that are not entirely accurate. I will give (anyone who is interested, at least) a way of keeping informed so that people wil not be surprised by such erroneous info, so just read through to the end of this "explanation", and I will provide a link that can give you all the details you might want.

I am sometimes saddened at the fact that I do not have a wife and family to help me through some of the tough times. I suppose I am mostly happy that I do not have a wife and family at this time, who would have to endure this hardship with me. As it is, the single most difficult part of my struggle is watching my family and closest friends deal with my hardship. They have all been extremely helpful (an understatement) and provided me a great deal of the strength I need to continue fighting.

I hate the feeling of not being completely independent, but there have been (and will undoubtedly continue to be) days when I am incapable of doing some thing for myself, such as driving (and NO I have not been so bad I can't take care of the three S's myself : Shit-Shower-Shave). I'm sure any of my family (and friends on occasion) could help me out on those days, but because she is retired, most of the task of helping me has fallen upon my mother, and I am eternally grateful for that. Since she has been so integrally involved in my care, she has (with my permission) been blogging about my ordeal, almost from the very beginning.

So, as I explained earlier, if anyone is so inclined to follow, or simply check up on what others have said is going on with me you can do so here: http://pete-vs-sarcoma.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment