Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, August 8, 2009

How Do You... ? - August 08, 2009

I wondered how to bring up Advanced Directives, Durable Power of Attorney for Medical Decisions and Wills? I found that the best way was to just sit down with my son and start to talk. As I began, I realized that he suddenly seemed to relax and he told me he was relieved that I had brought it up because he had been thinking about it and just didn't know how to say it to me.

We talked about things that no parent should ever have to discuss with their child. How I did not break down is beyond me. Maybe it's his strength and resolve to fight this cancer with all his might that got me thorough.

I cannot protect him, but I can stand strong with him. I have always been so proud of both of my children. They have grown into beautiful people, inside as well as out.

I just don't understand why this happened to him, to me, to our family?

No comments:

Post a Comment