Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Hydration Day - October 29, 2010

Today was six hours of hydration in the hospital and then sent home hooked up to another bolus.

Pete was having some pain just below the ribcage and told A2 about it when we arrived. Shortly after that Dr R and A came in to check on him and the consensus was that it was gastritis/heartburn, a common side effect of Decadron. This drug has been added to the fluids he's been getting because it helps combat nausea. It wasn't administered today and instead he was given famotidine (aka Pepcid) to relieve the discomfort. It seemed to lessen a bit but didn't go away completely, so later in the day A2 brought him several TUMS to take.

He slept just about the whole time he was there, slept much of the ride home, walked into the house and went to bed. I think his father offered to take him in tomorrow, but I'm not certain of that. I don't mind going and I've been doing quite a bit of walking while I'm in the city. I downloaded a neat high-tech "pedometer" app on my Droid that uses GoogleMaps and the GPS to track distance, pace, time, etc. and I'm having fun learning to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment