Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Close of Day 4 Leading Into Day 5

First sheet change came around 9 PM. I must have really been exhausted because I fell asleep and woke to Pete half way through making another change a little after 2 AM. He told me that he had already made two changes that I had slept through, so I don't know what time those took place. I told him to just get into my bed and I'd finish putting the dry sheet on it and use that bed. I looked around the room and there were sheets hanging from doors, draped over the TV cabinet, one over the floor lamp and pillows lined up on the ledge above the air conditioner/heater vent. I couldn't seem to fall back to sleep and watched the minutes on the clock change slowly. The last I remember it was 3:32.

He made it through until 4:37 and again we played musical beds. This time, maybe because he had gone a bit longer, when I climbed into the bed it felt damp to me, whereas other times it hadn't. I tried to relax on the chair/ottoman combination, but since I am very often up and about around 5:30 on a regular day, when 5 rolled around I just gave up, got up and showered.

Last evening I had taken a walk around the block to check out the "neighborhood" and noted that there is a Bank of America on one of the opposite corners. I'm getting short on cash at this point so it's time to take a trip to the ATM to restock my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment