Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The DVD - March 10, 2011

A young woman whom we had never met did a very beautiful and wonderful thing for us. She had been following Pete's journey and she contacted us when she learned Pete had lost his battle. She contacted us and through the magic of technology she used the Internet, Facebook and some impressive software to put together a DVD of pictures of Pete taken throughout his life and set them to some of his favorite songs. She had set her video presentation on a continuous loop and the funeral home had set up a TV so that visitors could watch and listen. It was incredible.

That DVD is sitting on the cabinet and I've picked it up so many times but I just can't bring myself to watch it yet. There are stacks of Mass cards, sympathy cards and letters letting me know that people have sent donations, but the thank you notes remain unwritten. People brought meals, sent fruit baskets and all sorts of goodies. So many people offered to help out in any way or to sit and talk or listen.

It's not that I don't want to watch, or write or talk. I just can't do it right now. I'm hoping that all I need is a little more time to get my head back together. I'm hoping I'll be able to do these things soon and I hoping you understand.

It's not that I've been sitting around moping. Many times I feel almost overwhelmed with sorting through paperwork, drawers and computer files. Today Bruce and I spent a good part of the afternoon at the motor vehicle office transferring titles. Much of the morning I spent faxing forms and playing telephone tag with some of the people I need to talk to. Yesterday I sifted through pages and pages of medical bills, co-pays and insurance EOBs, trying to match them all up. Somewhere in between I opened an estate checking account and closed some of Pete's other accounts.

Time. I guess it will just take time to get things in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment