Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Morning After - March 17, 2011

Yesterday passed, but it ended on a good note, a comforting one. It's about quarter past 5 in the morning and I'm showered, dressed and finished with breakfast and my first cup of coffee. I'll be leaving around 6 to drive to Philly for my flight to CA.

I haven't been on Facebook yet, but as of last night there were an incredible number of birthday wishes for Petey on his page, another indication of the number of lives he touched. I spent some time yesterday going through all the cards and recording addresses so that I can, during the flight and layover, begin writing the "thank you" notes. That's my plan at least. I did start to do it a couple of times but just haven't been able to get in the right frame of mind to complete it.

To say I'm looking forward to my visit with Gina is an understatement. I will also be having dinner this evening with my friend, Charmilyn, who is also Gina's godmother. My CA airport is San Diego and is much closer to her home than Gina's. On Sunday we'll be meeting two wonderful cyber friends in person for the first time. They were wonderfully supportive and informative whenever I joined in on the Sarcoma Alliance chat that is scheduled every Sunday and Wednesday night. Someday I hope to meet more of the people who have been part of that incredible online experience.

It's time to finish up here and get on the road. I hope I'll have the time and energy to add to my blog while I'm out there, but if not, I know I'll make up for it when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment