Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Beer Story - Summer of 2002

 Olivia shared her narrative and photo:

This photo was taken in the summer of 2002 on a camping trip that Pete came along on with Amanda W and I. We had a lot of fun around the fire, hiking, your usual camping activities. I will never forget when we went kayaking, the water level was a bit low, and we hit some "rapids". Pete was carrying the cooler with all the food and beer in his kayak- he hit a rock, his kayak flipped over and all the food and beer cans came flying down the river! I turned around, and I was like "Where's Pete??" I was pretty impressed at how quickly he recovered all the lost beer, we did have some soggy sandwiches though. Though I haven't seen him much in recent years, I am glad to have that memory. My heart goes out to his family and friends- he was truly a genuinely loving soul.

1 comment:

  1. Gina,
    I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to listen and talk with me. It ment more than I could ever express. Olivia's photo of Pete was great, I looked at for about ten minutes. I wanted to also tell you and your mother- if there is anything I can do for either of you- please call! I know I'm basically a stranger to both of you, but we are connected by Pete. I'm sure you both will probably never need my help with anything (of course)- but life is odd sometimes. I just felt I needed to offer. At this time my residence is in Arlington TX (817)-483-1769. Thank you again Gina and Reggie! You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. "Save the BEER Pete forget the sandwiches!" we love you Petey!!!
    C.M. Lilly

    ReplyDelete