Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Looking Back at Monday's Events - February 15, 2011

There was plenty of activity here yesterday, so last night Gina insisted on taking the night watch so that I could get some sleep.

After an initial call yesterday morning from the hospice nurse alerting me to a change in her arrival time from 10 AM to noon or later because of an insurance delay, I placed a call to Pete's insurance. I was amazed at the speed at which I was connected to Pete's case manager and within minutes of our conversation, I received a call notifying me that everything was in place. The social worker and the nurse from hospice came by to assess/continue to assess Pete's status and, of course, to obtain the required signatures and confirmations as legally required. The nurse stayed longer and attended to Pete's personal needs and indicated that an aide would be assigned and contact us to set up visiting times.

Pete has a multitude of friends as attested to by all those who continue to reach out to him with kind and loving messages, texts, emails, etc. Some have, over the years he has known them, become a part of his "extended" family. As I struggle through these days my primary consideration is the physical and emotional well-being of my son, and so I am faced with some difficult decisions when it comes to visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment