Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seizure #3 - February 12, 2011

This morning one of Pete's friends, offered to sit with Pete while Bruce and I got out of the house so we took her up on it. They've known each other for years so I thought it would be a nice diversion for him. I also thought it might ease his mind some because he keeps apologizing for making things difficult for me. As much as I try to convince him that he has nothing to apologize for, that it's not his fault, he still feels guilty because he thinks that his illness is keeping me from doing things. The truth he needs to understand is that there is nothing more important to me than loving him, caring for him and helping him whatever way I can.

There wasn't anywhere we had to go, so we just went to a friend's house for a cup of tea. While we were gone a couple more friends and neighbors dropped off a variety of foods and goodies. Just minutes before we got back home, Pete's father and step-mother had come over to visit with him.

Overall the day was pretty uneventful until after dinner. Pete said he was ready to lay down and get ready for sleep, so Bruce and I helped remove the pillows that prop him up into a sitting position. Just as we had eased him onto the bed he began to seize. This one was very similar to the first one on Wednesday night, but it seemed more severe and seemed to last a bit longer. Again we called 911. They responded very quickly, checked his vitals. By that time he was pretty much recovered, but was very tired. As it was just about time for him to take certain of his meds I helped him do that.

He's been dozing quietly since. I go in to check on him every so often. In a few minutes I'll have to wake him to take the rest of his medicines. I already have my "bed" set up on the floor next to his bed and I'll be settling in after he pops the last of his pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment