Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

Music and Dance - February 28, 2011

Today starts out with a quiet rain. My thoughts are slowly swirling and I'm trying to stop the spin. I want to write something, but I just can't get a handle on what exactly I want to say, so I'm just going to include a few comments left on Pete's FB page.

Pete was always ready to join in, not only when it involved fishing or the outdoors. His taste in music was eclectic and he was not afraid to show off his moves on the dance floor.

One exchange went like this:
Joe K: Do me a favor and tag my profile pic for yourself and help remember an ugg wearing, good music listening, bear of a good guy.
Edie F: I'll never forget the uggs... He was the first one to wear them by YEARS!!! :)

Pete and Rob, "cuttin' a rug"

Joe K: Saw a beautiful sunrise on the way into Jersey this morning and thought of Pete. Just did a shot with him and Freebird is on. Love you bud.
God bless you sir.

Kristine K commented:
I will always remember Petey and his awesome dancing, just having fun with a huge smile on his face. That is how I will remember him. What a spirit he had.

Jennifer D wrote:
A few years back, all of us at work made Petey come with us to a country concert.... and everyone know he's not the biggest fan of country music! He was like, what the hell, its a concert, why not? So he went and had such a great time that he passed out on the lawn!! It was a great night!!

Jim A, who has known Pete for most of their lives, shares this:
I met Pete in school... first grade I think. Much later, when my wife invited me to my first Costco Christmas party, I thought, "Well, this could turn out lame, but I'll go to make her happy," and she said, "Ya know Pete Bothner's going to be there." "Oh yeah?" I said, "Alright! When do we go?" Things were just better with Pete. I'm so sad he's gone but so grateful for the pleasure of having known him so long. (And of course, Costco people were not lame).

No comments:

Post a Comment