Important Dates

  • Born: March 16, 1975
  • Diagnosed MFH Sarcoma: December 2008
  • Died: February 23, 2011

Friday, February 25, 2011

Maybe Today...

Rod, one of Pete's long-time buddies wrote:

Maybe today God needed a friend. Possibly a drinking buddy or a wing man. I am quite sure he needed a fishing partner, it is getting close to bass season. Maybe he just need a laugh. I know that God is not an Eagles fan but he wouldn't hold that against anyone. I guess it was just a good day to bring in one of the greats to make Heaven even more Divine.

God did just that today. While I want to beg and bargain for Pete's soul I know that God needs it more. Fish all over New Jersey's shores are rejoicing but so many of us are trying to make sense of this. Pete's fight was impressive, his demeanor contagious, his outlook on life uncompromised, and his friendship undeniable. I will miss you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that is a great post - love it.

    ReplyDelete